Film stars to swap grease paint for sun tan cream, play cricket
Kochi: Starting Saturday, a majority of film stars would apply more sun tan cream and less grease paint as the third edition of the Celebrity Cricket League (CCL) gets underway here.
The CCL`s season three in the T-20 format will be played Feb 9 to March 12 under floodlights.
Dubai is also a venue and the matches will be played in Siliguri, Delhi, Hyderabad, Pune, Chennai and Ranchi, with the final in Bangalore.
This season two new teams - Marathi and Bhojpuri - have been added to the six that contested the last edition.
This time the eight teams participating are divided into two groups.
Group A: Chennai Rhinos (led by Vijay), Telugu Warriors (Venkatesh), Kerala Strikers (Mohanlal) and Veer Marathi (Riteish Deshmukh).
Group B: Karnataka Bulldozers (Sudeep), Mumbai Heroes (Sunil Shetty), Bengal Tigers (Jeet) and Bhojpuri Dabanggs (Manoj Tiwari).
The opening match between Chennai and Bhojpuri would be held here Saturday at the Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, which recently hosted the India Vs England ODI.
The second match would be between the home side and the Mumbai team after the inaugural ceremony, where all captains would participate, besides a cultural show directed by co-owner of the Kerala team and ace film director Priyadarshan.
"We are well prepared. This is a game which could go anyway," said Mohanlal.
At Saturday`s event, the chief guests are Mammootty and Salman Khan, besides actor-turned-Kerala Minister for Forests and Cinema K.B. Ganesh Kumar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says