Finn brushes off fears over England’s form after warm up defeat
Wellington: England fast bowler Steve Finn has said their shock warm-up defeat against the New Zealand XI would have no affect on their preparation ahead of the first Test match against the Kiwis in Dunedin on Wednesday.
Finn, who was rested for the three-wicket upset in Queenstown, said his side had learnt plenty and taken away the positives, adding it`s going to happen in warm-up games.
Finn added they look at the positives, they know some of their batsmen spent good time in the middle and the bowlers got good miles in their legs.
Finn brushed off talk that some of his side`s best batsmen, Kevin Pietersen, Jonathan Trott especially missed a golden opportunity to spend time in the middle in Queenstown and would be under prepared for the Test.
The lanky pacer said that the way they train, everyone gets quality time in training and that will hold them in good stead when the Test starts on Wednesday, adding obviously it wasn`t ideal losing the four day game, but they took some good things from it.
Finn added they will practice hard these next two days and we`ll all be ready and raring to go on Wednesday.
When asked if the loss was the reminder the English needed not to take the New Zealand test side lightly, the towering quick replied instantly that his side would never be guilty of that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in