Finn brushes off fears over England’s form after warm up defeat
Wellington: England fast bowler Steve Finn has said their shock warm-up defeat against the New Zealand XI would have no affect on their preparation ahead of the first Test match against the Kiwis in Dunedin on Wednesday.
Finn, who was rested for the three-wicket upset in Queenstown, said his side had learnt plenty and taken away the positives, adding it`s going to happen in warm-up games.
Finn added they look at the positives, they know some of their batsmen spent good time in the middle and the bowlers got good miles in their legs.
Finn brushed off talk that some of his side`s best batsmen, Kevin Pietersen, Jonathan Trott especially missed a golden opportunity to spend time in the middle in Queenstown and would be under prepared for the Test.
The lanky pacer said that the way they train, everyone gets quality time in training and that will hold them in good stead when the Test starts on Wednesday, adding obviously it wasn`t ideal losing the four day game, but they took some good things from it.
Finn added they will practice hard these next two days and we`ll all be ready and raring to go on Wednesday.
When asked if the loss was the reminder the English needed not to take the New Zealand test side lightly, the towering quick replied instantly that his side would never be guilty of that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming