Finn confident of breaking speed gun
London: England speedster Steve Finn is consistently bowling at 94mph, making him one of the quickest bowlers in the world.
The 6ft 8in speedster said he will get even quicker and wants to use his pace to unsettle India’s batsmen and bring England back into the one-day series.
Finn stunned fans and the team management by clocking 94mph against India in England. And he registered 90mph-plus in the first two matches here.
“People said the speed gun must be broken, but it`s been pretty consistent now for the last four or five games. I’m maturing as a bowler and as a human being so I think I might have a little bit more in the tank,” Finn said.
Only three bowlers have ever clocked 100mph – Shoaib Akhtar, Brett Lee and Shaun Tait.
Finn said: “A couple of people have come up and said ‘Cor, you’re bowling 94mph.’ And my mum rang me and said, You were bowling at 94mph yesterday. It was great!”
“It’s not something that is occupying my mind but, if I can bowl at 94mph consistently, then great. And it would be nice to take a few wickets in these remaining games.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!