Finn hoping of making significant contribution for England
Hyderabad: Lanky pacer Steven Finn and portly left-arm spinner Samit Patel are confident that they will be able to make significant contribution to help England win the five-match ODI series against India.
"It is an exciting opportunity for us to play in India and I hope that I can contribute for my team in order to win this series," the right-arm fast bowler Finn said during an open session ahead of the first ODI against India on October 14.
Finn who is expected to be in Alastair Cook`s scheme of things in the absence of premier bowlers Stuart Broad and James Anderson wants to make full use of the opportunities provided.
For Patel, who was a part of the squad that was blanked 0-5 in 2008 feels that winning the series will be a "massive achievement" for the side.
Medium pacer Chris Woakes said, “I am very excited about the series. It is a great opportunity not just for me but for England to try and beat India in their own country although we know it is going to be tough."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister