Finn hoping of making significant contribution for England
Hyderabad: Lanky pacer Steven Finn and portly left-arm spinner Samit Patel are confident that they will be able to make significant contribution to help England win the five-match ODI series against India.
"It is an exciting opportunity for us to play in India and I hope that I can contribute for my team in order to win this series," the right-arm fast bowler Finn said during an open session ahead of the first ODI against India on October 14.
Finn who is expected to be in Alastair Cook`s scheme of things in the absence of premier bowlers Stuart Broad and James Anderson wants to make full use of the opportunities provided.
For Patel, who was a part of the squad that was blanked 0-5 in 2008 feels that winning the series will be a "massive achievement" for the side.
Medium pacer Chris Woakes said, “I am very excited about the series. It is a great opportunity not just for me but for England to try and beat India in their own country although we know it is going to be tough."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list