Finn hoping of making significant contribution for England
Hyderabad: Lanky pacer Steven Finn and portly left-arm spinner Samit Patel are confident that they will be able to make significant contribution to help England win the five-match ODI series against India.
"It is an exciting opportunity for us to play in India and I hope that I can contribute for my team in order to win this series," the right-arm fast bowler Finn said during an open session ahead of the first ODI against India on October 14.
Finn who is expected to be in Alastair Cook`s scheme of things in the absence of premier bowlers Stuart Broad and James Anderson wants to make full use of the opportunities provided.
For Patel, who was a part of the squad that was blanked 0-5 in 2008 feels that winning the series will be a "massive achievement" for the side.
Medium pacer Chris Woakes said, “I am very excited about the series. It is a great opportunity not just for me but for England to try and beat India in their own country although we know it is going to be tough."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves