Finn hungry to be England’s most consistent bowler
Brisbane: England fast bowler Steven Finn has claimed to have been his team’s most inconsistent bowler despite taking a six-wicket haul in the ongoing first Test of the Ashes series in Brisbane.
Finn had finished day three as England’s best bowler in Australia’s first innings, as he took the last four wickets to fall and finished with career-best figures of 6-125 from 33.4 overs.
“I picked up the wickets, but wasn’t the most consistent bowler; I was the least consistent bowler out there and I’m well aware of that,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Finn, as saying.
“Broady and Jimmy, and Swanny at times, bowled fantastically well. When we work together as a unit, that’s when we get our wickets,” he added.
The 21-year-old further said that he is on a learning path after being plunged into the Ashes after just eight Tests in less than a year.
“Personally to take the wickets was great, but there’s still a lot of areas I need to work on. I wanted to take wickets at a more economical rate,” said Finn, who went for 3.71 runs per over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!