Finn hungry to be England’s most consistent bowler
Brisbane: England fast bowler Steven Finn has claimed to have been his team’s most inconsistent bowler despite taking a six-wicket haul in the ongoing first Test of the Ashes series in Brisbane.
Finn had finished day three as England’s best bowler in Australia’s first innings, as he took the last four wickets to fall and finished with career-best figures of 6-125 from 33.4 overs.
“I picked up the wickets, but wasn’t the most consistent bowler; I was the least consistent bowler out there and I’m well aware of that,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Finn, as saying.
“Broady and Jimmy, and Swanny at times, bowled fantastically well. When we work together as a unit, that’s when we get our wickets,” he added.
The 21-year-old further said that he is on a learning path after being plunged into the Ashes after just eight Tests in less than a year.
“Personally to take the wickets was great, but there’s still a lot of areas I need to work on. I wanted to take wickets at a more economical rate,” said Finn, who went for 3.71 runs per over.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi