Finn ready for action in `career-defining` year
London: English pace bowler Steven Finn has said that he is ready for action in the international arena over the next 12 months which can define his career.
With a Test series against New Zealand followed by back-to-back Ashes series against Australia, an ICC Champions Trophy on home soil and then the 2014 Twenty20 World Cup, it promises to be a massive year for England`s quickest bowler.
Finn will be setting foot into this crucial period with an assured reputation as one of international cricket`s brightest young talents with expertise in both bat and ball, coupled with a successful winter behind him.
Aware that his success will count for nothing unless he managed to keep his form constant, Finn, however, said that he is eager for the action to start, adding that he is confident that his success in the winter especially in the Twenty20 World Cup will also continue in the coming year.
According to Finn, he bowled well and kept the runs tight which was a major reason behind his success recently, adding that his success with batting is because of long and hard practice in the nets, which was reflected when he made his highest first class scores during the drawn series against New Zealand.
Finn took 10 wickets in England`s drawn series with the Kiwis, but equalled his best Test bowling figures of 6 for 125 in the final Test of the series in Auckland, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row