Finn ready to lead next generation of England young guns
London: England pacer Steve Finn is hoping to captalise on his chance at Edgbaston and lead the way for the next generation of young players of the country in the Test arena.
Finn has been kept waiting for two extra days due to rain as he bids to restart a Test career that has spluttered since he made his debut in 2010.
A huge deluge postponed the start of the match against the West Indies as it had done on Thursday, frustrating Finn, the fastest England bowler to 50 Test wickets.
The pacer has found it tricky to nail down a spot since reaching the landmark in his 12th match at Lord’s last year.
“We’re blessed with some good talent at the moment. We’ve got some great young players, such as Johnny Bairstow, who can come in and hold their own in Test cricket, which is a great thing to have,” said Finn.
“The more good, young players we produce, then the better stead the national team is going to be in. We’re blessed with the young and talented players we have in our system, and county cricket has helped that massively.
“Moving forward, it is always important that young players are able to step up to the plate and are able to do their thing on the international stage,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey