Finn shines as England demolish Australia to take ODI series
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chester-le-Street, England: England continued to dominate in the ongoing series against Australia as they defeated the Kangaroos by 8 wickets in the 4th ODI.
England skipper Alastair Cook won the toss and decided to field first, a decision which worked as pacer Steven Finn dented the Australian innings by picking 4 wickets. At one stage, Australia were reeling at 96/6 after which David Hussey (70 from 73) rescued the innings and helped his side reach a respectable score.
During their chase, England achieved the paltry score with the loss of two wickets. Finn was adjudged the man of the match and with this win, England have taken an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match series, with one washed out and one game to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre