Finn shines as England demolish Australia to take ODI series
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Chester-le-Street, England: England continued to dominate in the ongoing series against Australia as they defeated the Kangaroos by 8 wickets in the 4th ODI.
England skipper Alastair Cook won the toss and decided to field first, a decision which worked as pacer Steven Finn dented the Australian innings by picking 4 wickets. At one stage, Australia were reeling at 96/6 after which David Hussey (70 from 73) rescued the innings and helped his side reach a respectable score.
During their chase, England achieved the paltry score with the loss of two wickets. Finn was adjudged the man of the match and with this win, England have taken an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match series, with one washed out and one game to play.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister