Finn urges young bowlers to seize chance provided by rotation policy
London: England pacer Steven Finn has urged his fellow young fast bowler to seize the chance provided by the rotation policy to stake a claim for a more permanent spot in the ODI side.
England will rest three senior bowlers – Graeme Swann, Tim Bresnan and Stuart Broad – as they seek a 3-0 series victory against West Indies at Headingley friday.
Two of England’s young pacers, Chris Woakes and Stuart Meaker, are in contention to get a chance to shine against the Windies, a soure reported.
Finn said: “It’s good to have these guys bringing fresh blood into the group. It’s a great opportunity for them to assert themselves in international cricket.”
“Chris Woakes has the potential to be an excellent bowler, a bit like Jimmy Anderson – he has such control of the ball. He is a high-quality all-rounder and has great potential. And Stuart brings that pace; he is short and skiddy and gives you something different.”
Meaker is vying for a place in the today’s line-up with Surrey colleague Jade Dernbach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report