Finn urges young bowlers to seize chance provided by rotation policy
London: England pacer Steven Finn has urged his fellow young fast bowler to seize the chance provided by the rotation policy to stake a claim for a more permanent spot in the ODI side.
England will rest three senior bowlers – Graeme Swann, Tim Bresnan and Stuart Broad – as they seek a 3-0 series victory against West Indies at Headingley friday.
Two of England’s young pacers, Chris Woakes and Stuart Meaker, are in contention to get a chance to shine against the Windies, a soure reported.
Finn said: “It’s good to have these guys bringing fresh blood into the group. It’s a great opportunity for them to assert themselves in international cricket.”
“Chris Woakes has the potential to be an excellent bowler, a bit like Jimmy Anderson – he has such control of the ball. He is a high-quality all-rounder and has great potential. And Stuart brings that pace; he is short and skiddy and gives you something different.”
Meaker is vying for a place in the today’s line-up with Surrey colleague Jade Dernbach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam