Finn urges young bowlers to seize chance provided by rotation policy
London: England pacer Steven Finn has urged his fellow young fast bowler to seize the chance provided by the rotation policy to stake a claim for a more permanent spot in the ODI side.
England will rest three senior bowlers – Graeme Swann, Tim Bresnan and Stuart Broad – as they seek a 3-0 series victory against West Indies at Headingley friday.
Two of England’s young pacers, Chris Woakes and Stuart Meaker, are in contention to get a chance to shine against the Windies, a soure reported.
Finn said: “It’s good to have these guys bringing fresh blood into the group. It’s a great opportunity for them to assert themselves in international cricket.”
“Chris Woakes has the potential to be an excellent bowler, a bit like Jimmy Anderson – he has such control of the ball. He is a high-quality all-rounder and has great potential. And Stuart brings that pace; he is short and skiddy and gives you something different.”
Meaker is vying for a place in the today’s line-up with Surrey colleague Jade Dernbach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report