Finn wants `talk` to be about him getting selected for Ashes
London: England fast bowler Steven Finn has said that he wants the talk to be about him being included in the Ashes squad, now that the team is finally allowed to talk about the five-Test series, starting on July 10 at Trent Bridge.
According to The Sun, in the past few months, England players were discouraged by head coach Andy Flower and captain Alastair Cook from mentioning the Ashes series and instead wanted them to concentrate on beating New Zealand and challenging for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Now that those games are out of the way with full steam ahead for The Ashes, Finn said that people can now focus on him getting selected, adding that although he was optimistic about being in the starting XI for the Champions Trophy, he was not chosen, adding that he must now make sure that he is bowling well enough to get chosen for the First Test.
According to Finn, he feels that he is in a good place and has done good work over the last few months for which he is ready to play Test cricket, adding that he hoped that the selectors are of the same mind as him.
Looking forward to `exciting times` ahead with the Ashes looming, Finn further said that it is now time for the team to put their full attention on the Ashes, adding that they would have two busy months ahead of them.
According to the report, Yorkshire`s Tim Bresnan was preferred to Middlesex man Finn during the Champions Trophy, while Irishman Boyd Rankin has been included in the squad for the Essex match, along with Graham Onions.
England begin their preparations in earnest with a four-day match against Essex at Chelmsford, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog