Finn warns England not to take `competitive` Oz lightly in 2013 Ashes
London: England paceman Steven Finn has said that there is no chance of his side underestimating Australia in this summer`s Ashes series as they will be as competitive as before.
According to Sky News, ahead of the first Test in Trent Bridge, Australia is widely viewed as a team in crisis due to their 4-0 thrashing by India, ICC Champions Trophy debacle and finally a last moment coach change.
However, Finn insisted that it would be foolish to underestimate their arch-rivals, saying that they have always been a competitive team and will continue to do so this summer too as they have excellent cricketers, adding that England cannot allow themselves to think that the Ashes are going to be easy, by any stretch of the imagination.
Hoping that his form will help him grab an England spot for the Ashes, Finn further said that his team is aware that they will need to work and fight hard to win the Ashes, adding that all that matters is what is said inside the dressing room and what happens out on the pitch.
Meanwhile, Finn, who appears to be battling with Tim Bresnan for a place alongside James Anderson and Stuart Broad in England`s seam attack for Trent Bridge, further said that as he missed most of the Champions Trophy, he has got extra fire in his belly to make sure that he does not miss out on the big games in the future.
According to Finn, although he was disappointed to miss out on much of the Champions Trophy, he has learnt from it and moved on and hopes to play a bigger part in this Ashes series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati