Finn warns England not to take `competitive` Oz lightly in 2013 Ashes
London: England paceman Steven Finn has said that there is no chance of his side underestimating Australia in this summer`s Ashes series as they will be as competitive as before.
According to Sky News, ahead of the first Test in Trent Bridge, Australia is widely viewed as a team in crisis due to their 4-0 thrashing by India, ICC Champions Trophy debacle and finally a last moment coach change.
However, Finn insisted that it would be foolish to underestimate their arch-rivals, saying that they have always been a competitive team and will continue to do so this summer too as they have excellent cricketers, adding that England cannot allow themselves to think that the Ashes are going to be easy, by any stretch of the imagination.
Hoping that his form will help him grab an England spot for the Ashes, Finn further said that his team is aware that they will need to work and fight hard to win the Ashes, adding that all that matters is what is said inside the dressing room and what happens out on the pitch.
Meanwhile, Finn, who appears to be battling with Tim Bresnan for a place alongside James Anderson and Stuart Broad in England`s seam attack for Trent Bridge, further said that as he missed most of the Champions Trophy, he has got extra fire in his belly to make sure that he does not miss out on the big games in the future.
According to Finn, although he was disappointed to miss out on much of the Champions Trophy, he has learnt from it and moved on and hopes to play a bigger part in this Ashes series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city