FIR against Pak cricketer Mohammed Sami for rash driving
Karachi: Yet another Pakistan cricketer is in news for wrong reason as an FIR has been filed against paceman Mohammed Sami for rash driving, causing damage.
It was reported yesterday that fast bowler Umar Gul`s house was raided by Army on the suspicion of harbouring a militant and his brother was arrested.
Both Gul and Sami are away in Sri Lanka with the national team.
The Gulberg police station on Wednesday registered an FIR on the complaint of lawyer Farrukh Illyas Cheema, who claimed that his car was badly damaged by Sami in an accident.
He said the cricketer had promised to take care of the damages but despite several reminders, he reneged his promise and thus committed fraud.
Cheema said that on May 26 Sami and his friend had banged their car into his car due to reckless driving and also misbehaved with him.
"But after people intervened, Sami and his friend promised he would pay for the damages to my car. I even took his national identity card as surety and next day when I called up, Sami again misbehaved with me and threatened me.
"But his friend delivered a cheque of Rs 30,000 to me as compensation for damages to my car and took Sami`s NIC back. Sami again called me up and threatened me to return the cheque after which I decided to file the FIR as they kept on taunting and mocking me," he said.
In the past also some Pakistani cricketers have been in the news for the wrong reasons. Former Test batsman Ijaz Ahmed had spent time behind lockup in the Gulberg police station in a fraud case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'