FIR against Pak cricketer Mohammed Sami for rash driving
Karachi: Yet another Pakistan cricketer is in news for wrong reason as an FIR has been filed against paceman Mohammed Sami for rash driving, causing damage.
It was reported yesterday that fast bowler Umar Gul`s house was raided by Army on the suspicion of harbouring a militant and his brother was arrested.
Both Gul and Sami are away in Sri Lanka with the national team.
The Gulberg police station on Wednesday registered an FIR on the complaint of lawyer Farrukh Illyas Cheema, who claimed that his car was badly damaged by Sami in an accident.
He said the cricketer had promised to take care of the damages but despite several reminders, he reneged his promise and thus committed fraud.
Cheema said that on May 26 Sami and his friend had banged their car into his car due to reckless driving and also misbehaved with him.
"But after people intervened, Sami and his friend promised he would pay for the damages to my car. I even took his national identity card as surety and next day when I called up, Sami again misbehaved with me and threatened me.
"But his friend delivered a cheque of Rs 30,000 to me as compensation for damages to my car and took Sami`s NIC back. Sami again called me up and threatened me to return the cheque after which I decided to file the FIR as they kept on taunting and mocking me," he said.
In the past also some Pakistani cricketers have been in the news for the wrong reasons. Former Test batsman Ijaz Ahmed had spent time behind lockup in the Gulberg police station in a fraud case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state