FIR against Pak cricketer Mohammed Sami for rash driving
Karachi: Yet another Pakistan cricketer is in news for wrong reason as an FIR has been filed against paceman Mohammed Sami for rash driving, causing damage.
It was reported yesterday that fast bowler Umar Gul`s house was raided by Army on the suspicion of harbouring a militant and his brother was arrested.
Both Gul and Sami are away in Sri Lanka with the national team.
The Gulberg police station on Wednesday registered an FIR on the complaint of lawyer Farrukh Illyas Cheema, who claimed that his car was badly damaged by Sami in an accident.
He said the cricketer had promised to take care of the damages but despite several reminders, he reneged his promise and thus committed fraud.
Cheema said that on May 26 Sami and his friend had banged their car into his car due to reckless driving and also misbehaved with him.
"But after people intervened, Sami and his friend promised he would pay for the damages to my car. I even took his national identity card as surety and next day when I called up, Sami again misbehaved with me and threatened me.
"But his friend delivered a cheque of Rs 30,000 to me as compensation for damages to my car and took Sami`s NIC back. Sami again called me up and threatened me to return the cheque after which I decided to file the FIR as they kept on taunting and mocking me," he said.
In the past also some Pakistani cricketers have been in the news for the wrong reasons. Former Test batsman Ijaz Ahmed had spent time behind lockup in the Gulberg police station in a fraud case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security