Fired team doctor for mishandling Malik injury: Sethi
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board`s acting Chairman Najam Sethi has revealed that team doctor Riaz Ahmed was sacked for "mishandling" Shoaib Malik`s recent injury.
"We fired Dr Riaz Ahmed recently as team doctor for mishandling the injury case of Shoaib Malik...The decisions to bring in a foreign trainer were taken to provide the best people for our players," he said.
Sethi also made several points, one of them being that there were no plans to change the national T20 or ODI captains and that no decision had been taken as yet on the next coaching panel of the team.
Sethi also spoke out about the reasons for changing the team doctor and fitness trainer of the national team recently before the Sri Lanka series and bringing in a foreigner, Dale Naylor.
Sethi also made it clear that while it was decided to have a local coach for the national team when Dav Whatmore`s contract expires in February but no decision has been taken as yet on any candidate.
He also retorted to questions about changing the national Twenty20 and ODI captains and said such talk was just speculation.
"We have taken no decision to change Muhammad Hafeez as the T20 captain presently as far as the captains are concerned it is a
status quo," he said.
"When the time comes we will see what to do," he added with reference to Hafeez`s captaincy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in