Fired team doctor for mishandling Malik injury: Sethi
Karachi: The Pakistan Cricket Board`s acting Chairman Najam Sethi has revealed that team doctor Riaz Ahmed was sacked for "mishandling" Shoaib Malik`s recent injury.
"We fired Dr Riaz Ahmed recently as team doctor for mishandling the injury case of Shoaib Malik...The decisions to bring in a foreign trainer were taken to provide the best people for our players," he said.
Sethi also made several points, one of them being that there were no plans to change the national T20 or ODI captains and that no decision had been taken as yet on the next coaching panel of the team.
Sethi also spoke out about the reasons for changing the team doctor and fitness trainer of the national team recently before the Sri Lanka series and bringing in a foreigner, Dale Naylor.
Sethi also made it clear that while it was decided to have a local coach for the national team when Dav Whatmore`s contract expires in February but no decision has been taken as yet on any candidate.
He also retorted to questions about changing the national Twenty20 and ODI captains and said such talk was just speculation.
"We have taken no decision to change Muhammad Hafeez as the T20 captain presently as far as the captains are concerned it is a
status quo," he said.
"When the time comes we will see what to do," he added with reference to Hafeez`s captaincy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31