Fit-again Irfan hopes to do well in Hazare Trophy
Bangalore: India discard Irfan Pathan on Monday said that he is working hard on his fitness and hopes to perform well for Baroda in the Vijay Hazare Trophy, starting February 27.
"I have been working with my physio on good programmes. I am fit and played three Ranji matches for Baroda this season. I pray to God that I stay fit in the upcoming domestic one-day matches," Pathan told reporters at a promotional event here.
Baroda will take on Mumbai in their opening game on February 27.
Pathan said that conferring Bharat Ratna on Indian batting legend Sachin Tendulkar will inspire other sportspersons to strive for country`s highest civilian award.
"This (awarding Bharat Ratna to Tendulkar) will inspire and motivate rest of the sportspersons to achieve India`s highest civilian award," the allrounder said at the launch of Crossfit by Reebok here.
President Pranab Mukherjee will be conferring Tendulkar and eminent scientist Prof C N R Rao with Bharat Ratna tomorrow at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
"How much ever you cherish Sachin`s achievements, it is too less a praise," he added.
Former India wicket-keeper Syed Kirmani, who was also present at the event, said it is a very proud feeling for all cricketers as one among them is being honoured with the coveted award.
"I wish Sachin and rest of the sports persons, who are doing yeomen service to their country, the very best of luck," Kirmani said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie