Five Australia players ruled out of 1st NZ Test
Sydney: Australia will be without five players for next week`s first Test against New Zealand after they failed to overcome injuries, Cricket Australia said on Friday.
All-rounder Shane Watson (hamstring), fast bowlers Pat Cummins (heel), Ryan Harris (pelvis) and Mitchell Johnson (toe), and batsman Shaun Marsh (back) have all been ruled out of the match starting on Dec. 1 at the Gabba in Brisbane.
"We unfortunately suffered some injuries during the recent Test series against South Africa," general manager for team performance Pat Howard said in a statement.
"With such a short turnaround time between series, five players who were involved in the series will not fully recover in time to play the first Test against New Zealand."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read