Five CPL stars confirmed for single-wicket contest
Port of Spain: At least five of the region’s leading all-rounders have confirmed their participation in the Caribbean Single-Wicket Tournament carded for Trinidad around the middle of October.
Caribbean Premier League (CPL) Twenty20 stars Dwayne Bravo, Andre Russell, Lendl Simmons, Darren Sammy and Dwayne Smith have all signed up for the event at Sir Frank Worrell Ground, University of the West Indies Oct 13, reports CMC.
Tournament director William Wallace says they are hoping to add West Indies power hitters Kieron Pollard and Chris Gayle to the list. Twelve all-rounders will battle it out for bragging rights and a winner-take-all jackpot of $3,000. The tournament is being staged for the second time. Simmons emerged champion of the first event in 2009.
The 12 will be divided into four groups of three with the winners of each group moving into the semifinals. The matches will be one-on-one contests between two players with each player allowed to bowl two overs against his opponent and with the all-rounder scoring more runs winning the encounter.
When batting, the all-rounder will be partnered by a non-striking runner while the bowler will be supported by neutral fielders. If the batsman is out three times, his innings is over with three runs being deducted from his total for each dismissal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy