Fleming says Australia has more match-winning quicks than Anderson-dependant England
Sydney: Former Australian Test paceman Damien Fleming has said that Australia has more quicks in reserve than England, in case there is an injury, despite the Ashes hosts boasting the most outstanding fast bowler on either team in James Anderson.
The Australians were out-bowled in the previous Ashes in their own ground, but since then an impressive, aggressive collection of young fast bowlers has emerged to complement the veterans of 2010-11, Peter Siddle and Ryan Harris .
Although Fleming touted Anderson as being the No.1 bowler with his ability to swing both the new ball and the old ball and bowling out-swingers, he however, said that the tourists have an advantage in the fact they have got the better depth and a good reserve of players in case any one falls out with an injury.
According to Fleming, even if James Pattinson, whom he has placed just below Anderson in bowling ability, broke down, Harris can spearhead the Australian attack without any problem, adding that in case of England, Anderson is more important to them than any Australian bowler is to their team.
Meanwhile, Fleming said that even though he does not doubt the damage England`s experienced bowler Stuart Broad is capable of, he is prone to bowling too short for due to which he does not look like he is in the game.
Comparing Broad to his Australian counterpart Mitchell Starc, Fleming further said that Starc swings the ball a long way when he gets it full, adding that he errs on the full side, which will not hurt him in England.
There will be a fight of supremacy among the fast bowlers within the main Ashes battle, adding that Australian fast bowlers will have a lot to do to upset England`s quest for three consecutive Ashes victories.
Comparing Pattinson to Anderson, the report also said that while Anderson is a master of moving the ball, especially in English conditions, the young, confident Australian is quicker and bouncier and boasts a superior strike rate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Defamation case: 'Supreme Court will decide grounds of Rahul Gandhi's U-turn'
- In rural India, less to eat than 40 years ago
- Watch: Astronaut Scott Kelly congratulates Expedition 48 Commander Jeff Williams on breaking record
- Terrific knock! Pakistani batsman Sharjeel Khan scores 3rd fastest 150 in ODI history – WATCH
- ICSI Professional Programme Examination Result June 2016 declared; check icsi.edu, Company Secretaries (CS) Examination Results