Flintoff critical of India`s poor body language
London: Former England all-rounder Andrew Flintoff has questioned the fitness level of Indians and also criticised the visiting team for their "shabby" warm-up routines.
India, which is hoping to salvage some pride and avoid a humiliating whitewash, has been ravaged by the injuries to its key players and has not looked its usual self in the tournament so far.
The former Test cricketer, who was forced to cut short his international carrier due to a recurring ankle injury said, "England looked by far the fitter team, joking that some of the India players were `popping out of their shirts`."
The cricketer drew a stark contrast between the two teams as they warmed up for the first day`s play of the fourth and final Test of the series at The Oval.
"I`ve not seen much of the summer, and this morning I watched the two sides warming up," he said.
"I saw India, and they looked like they`d got their kit out of the garage. They were all in different gear. England looked really professional next to them. They just looked poles apart," he told reporters.
Flintoff said he felt sorry for his former England coach Duncan Fletcher, who took over the India job in June after Gary Kirsten declined to extend his contract citing personal reasons.
"Watching the slip catching practise, you had England on one side diving around, the ball fizzing through," he said.
"I used to do it with Duncan Fletcher. I bet you he`s tearing his hair out.”
"They were clapping everything down: the keeper was missing them, the slips were dropping them. It just looked shabby," Flintoff added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Tamil Nadu SSLC Results 2015 on tnresults.nic.in