Flintoff has `lucky escape` during high-speed rally car crash in TV show
London: Retired England cricketer Andrew Flintoff had a lucky escape from injury following a high-speed crash in a rally car in a TV show.
The Ashes legend, who was driving a Citroen DS3 for a sports show `A League of Their Own` with rally star Kris Meeke as his co-driver, lost control of the car at more than 60 metres per hour, according to a report.
Although the car then rolled over and hit a tree at the Walters Arena Motorsport Complex in Swansea, where the show was being shot, both Flintoff and Meeke were found to be unhurt by paramedics.
Flintoff said that because of the strength of the car`s roll cage, both he and Meeker escaped unhurt.
However, Meeker blamed Flintoff`s inexperience for the crash.
The former cricketer was filming with his co-stars on the show, Jack Whitehall, Jamie Redknapp, James Corden and Jimmy Carr, when the incident happened on Monday, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant