‘Flop’ Akmal brothers asked to perform
Islamabad: The form of the Akmal brothers, Kamran and Umar, who have so far failed to live up to their billing, is worrying the Pakistani camp.
The Pakistani team management has advised the Akmal brothers to improve their performances in the series against England in order to secure their places in the team.
Umar’s form and his inability to play the moving ball has created doubts about making the best use of this talent this summer, The News reports.
A well-placed Pakistan team source said that both Umar and Kamran have been advised to concentrate on their batting as only performance can guarantee them permanent places in the team.
“There is no doubt that Umar Akmal is a great talent but unless and until he performs consistently, we cannot guarantee his place in the team. In fact none of the players have a permanent place in the team, those who perform, would stay in the playing XI,” a coaching staff member said.
Umar has scored just 56 runs in the four innings that he has played for Pakistan against Australia with average of 14 runs per innings.
“It is very low performance from a players who was tipped to make Pakistan middle order reliable. He is no longer a new comer, he is in business for well over a year now,” the official said.
The general feeling in the camp is that Umar is too talented but his indisciplined batting could land him in trouble. “He will have to bring discipline in his game, if he wants to play Test cricket regularly,” added the official.
Wicketkeeper Kamran also failed miserably in the series that saw him scoring just 74 runs in four innings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees