Follow Sachin`s footsteps: Ganguly tells Bengal colts
Kolkata: Be it success or failure, former India captain Sourav Ganguly has seen it all, and the Bengal`s favourite son shared his experience while giving a pep-talk to the state`s U-19 team here on Friday.
Asking them to follow the footsteps Sachin Tendulkar, Ganguly told the youngsters that they should remain focus and committed to the sport.
Comparing a cricketer`s life to that of a boxer, Ganguly said: "Cricketers` life is like that of a boxer in the ring. You have to take blows but yet remain steady and focus".
Critics might have been harsh on Tendulkar in the recent past, but Ganguly said: "They must remember that out of 327 innings, Tendulkar has scored 51 hundreds and 67 half centuries."
"Most of the times, he comes to bat when the team is in a crisis with three wickets down, and yet he remains focus and builds his innings. Three things -- self-confidence, practice and patience -- are the most important things," he said asking the youngsters to develop a never-say-die attitude.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report