Forbes rates MS Dhoni as fifth most financially valuable athlete on earth
Johannesburg: India cricket team captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the fifth most financially valuable athlete on earth, according to Forbes Magazine.
Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, LeBron James, Phil Mickelson and Maria Sharapova succeed Dhoni, who is valued at 21 million dollars, in Forbes` list.
Swiss Tennis ace Federer and American golf ace Woods are tied at the first place valued at 46 million dollars each followed by Basketball ace LeBron James, who is valued at 27 million dollars, in the second place, Sport24 reported.
Federer and Woods earned 46 million dollars each to their names in 2013 while Dhoni managed to bag 21 million dollars.
Federer holds a record 17 Grand Slam tennis titles, while Woods has won 14 major golf titles; second only to Jack Nicklaus`s record 18.
The top 10 most valuable athletes according to Forbes are:
1. Roger Federer (Tennis) and Tiger Woods (Golf): 46 million dollars each
2. LeBron James (Basketball): 27 million dollars
3. Phil Mickelson (Golf): 25 million dollars
4. Maria Sharapova (Tennis): 23 million dollars
5. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Cricket): 21 million dollars
6. Usain Bolt (Track and Field): 20 million dollars
7. Kobe Bryant (Basketball): 19 million dollars
8. Li Na (Tennis): 15 million dollars
9. Cristiano Ronaldo (Football): 13 million dollars
10. Lionel Messi (Football): 13 million dollars
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security