Former BCCI president N.K.P. Salve passes away
Mumbai: Former central minister and ex-cricket board president N.K.P. Salve died early Sunday at a hospital here due to age-related problems, family sources said.
A Congress veteran, Salve was born in Chhinwada in Madhya Pradesh.
Salve was the president of Board of Control for Cricket in India in 1982-85. In 1998-99, the Challenger Series was named as the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy.
A widower, Salve is survived by his son Harish and daughter Arundhati. Harish Salve is a lawyer and former solicitor general of India.
N.K.P. Salve`s body will be taken from New Delhi to Nagpur Sunday night. The funeral will take place on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?