Former BCCI president N.K.P. Salve passes away
Mumbai: Former central minister and ex-cricket board president N.K.P. Salve died early Sunday at a hospital here due to age-related problems, family sources said.
A Congress veteran, Salve was born in Chhinwada in Madhya Pradesh.
Salve was the president of Board of Control for Cricket in India in 1982-85. In 1998-99, the Challenger Series was named as the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy.
A widower, Salve is survived by his son Harish and daughter Arundhati. Harish Salve is a lawyer and former solicitor general of India.
N.K.P. Salve`s body will be taken from New Delhi to Nagpur Sunday night. The funeral will take place on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read