Former BCCI president N.K.P. Salve passes away
Mumbai: Former central minister and ex-cricket board president N.K.P. Salve died early Sunday at a hospital here due to age-related problems, family sources said.
A Congress veteran, Salve was born in Chhinwada in Madhya Pradesh.
Salve was the president of Board of Control for Cricket in India in 1982-85. In 1998-99, the Challenger Series was named as the NKP Salve Challenger Trophy.
A widower, Salve is survived by his son Harish and daughter Arundhati. Harish Salve is a lawyer and former solicitor general of India.
N.K.P. Salve`s body will be taken from New Delhi to Nagpur Sunday night. The funeral will take place on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29