Former cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar bereaved
Mumbai: Former Test cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar today lost his mother, who passed away in a local hospital where she had been admitted a fortnight ago.
Rekha Manjrekar (81) was in the hospital for treatment of age-related ailments.
"She was admitted to the Hinduja Hospital 15 days ago and died today. The last rites were performed by Sanjay," said a source.
Rekha was the wife of Vijay Manjrekar, former middle- order mainstay of the Indian Test team who died in 1983, aged 52. She is survived by son Sanjay, who is now a TV commentator, and two married daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees