Former cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar bereaved
Mumbai: Former Test cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar today lost his mother, who passed away in a local hospital where she had been admitted a fortnight ago.
Rekha Manjrekar (81) was in the hospital for treatment of age-related ailments.
"She was admitted to the Hinduja Hospital 15 days ago and died today. The last rites were performed by Sanjay," said a source.
Rekha was the wife of Vijay Manjrekar, former middle- order mainstay of the Indian Test team who died in 1983, aged 52. She is survived by son Sanjay, who is now a TV commentator, and two married daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur