Former cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar bereaved
Mumbai: Former Test cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar today lost his mother, who passed away in a local hospital where she had been admitted a fortnight ago.
Rekha Manjrekar (81) was in the hospital for treatment of age-related ailments.
"She was admitted to the Hinduja Hospital 15 days ago and died today. The last rites were performed by Sanjay," said a source.
Rekha was the wife of Vijay Manjrekar, former middle- order mainstay of the Indian Test team who died in 1983, aged 52. She is survived by son Sanjay, who is now a TV commentator, and two married daughters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi