Former fast bowler Sarfraz Nawaz to help Pak quicks to develop
Lahore: Former Pakistan fast bowler Sarfraz Nawaz, who has been recruited as fast-bowling consultant at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) will work extensively with fast bowlers through a specialized coaching programme.
Nawaz, who played 55 Test matches for Pakistan, feels fast bowlers lacked confidence in the recent series against England in the UAE.
“I don`t want to name individuals, but it is obvious that there are a couple of fast bowlers who are short on confidence and need some work done on their bowling,” The Daily Times quoted Nawaz, as saying.
Nawaz insisted that he would take a close look at these bowlers during the camp and would like to help them overcome whatever minor technical problems they have. “I will take a close look at them at the camp and point a few things out to them that I have observed. I don`t think the issues are serious and I am sure they will be ironed out,” he said.
“Sometimes with quick bowlers if they get the slightest thing wrong from a technical point of view it can hinder their bowling. Technically there are some things that can be brushed up at the moment,” Nawaz added.
Pakistan’s fast bowlers were less impressive than the team’s spinners during the 3-0 victory in the Test series, accounting for just 12 of the 60 wickets taken.
He said he would like to pass on some crucial tips to the fast bowlers, but it was up to them to apply them on the field. “Pakistan`s fast-bowling resources are satisfactory, but certainly not great. I can offer the quicks advice, give them some technical suggestions too on their bowling that will help them. At the end of the day coaches can guide, advise and give players tips. Then it`s down to the cricketers themselves to implement those suggestions,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400