Former fast bowler Sarfraz Nawaz to help Pak quicks to develop
Lahore: Former Pakistan fast bowler Sarfraz Nawaz, who has been recruited as fast-bowling consultant at the National Cricket Academy (NCA) will work extensively with fast bowlers through a specialized coaching programme.
Nawaz, who played 55 Test matches for Pakistan, feels fast bowlers lacked confidence in the recent series against England in the UAE.
“I don`t want to name individuals, but it is obvious that there are a couple of fast bowlers who are short on confidence and need some work done on their bowling,” The Daily Times quoted Nawaz, as saying.
Nawaz insisted that he would take a close look at these bowlers during the camp and would like to help them overcome whatever minor technical problems they have. “I will take a close look at them at the camp and point a few things out to them that I have observed. I don`t think the issues are serious and I am sure they will be ironed out,” he said.
“Sometimes with quick bowlers if they get the slightest thing wrong from a technical point of view it can hinder their bowling. Technically there are some things that can be brushed up at the moment,” Nawaz added.
Pakistan’s fast bowlers were less impressive than the team’s spinners during the 3-0 victory in the Test series, accounting for just 12 of the 60 wickets taken.
He said he would like to pass on some crucial tips to the fast bowlers, but it was up to them to apply them on the field. “Pakistan`s fast-bowling resources are satisfactory, but certainly not great. I can offer the quicks advice, give them some technical suggestions too on their bowling that will help them. At the end of the day coaches can guide, advise and give players tips. Then it`s down to the cricketers themselves to implement those suggestions,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam