Former Indian cricketer Vinod Kambli suffers heart attack, condition stable
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mumbai: Former Indian cricketer Vinod Kambli has suffered a heart attack, a report said on Friday.
He has been admitted to Mumbai`s Lilavati hospital. Kambli was driving when he complained of chest pain and was taken to the hospital by a lady traffic officer.
But now there is a sign of relief for Kambli as doctor has said that there is nothing to worry about and his condition is stable now.
Kambli, 42-year-old, underwent angioplasty on two of his blocked arteries at the same hospital in July 2012.
Southpaw Kambli, who will turn 42 on January 18 next year, played 17 Tests and 104 ODIs for India.
Kambli is the childhood friend of the batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, who recently bid adieu to International cricket. Vinod and Sachin came in the limelight for the very first time when they shared an unbroken partnership of 664 runs in a school match against St Xavier`s School.
However, Kambli, in his recent interview, told Zee Media that he is quite hurt with the differences that have surfaced between him and Tendulkar. Tendulkar and Kambli were known to be very close friends during their playing days.
“I haven’t heard Sachin’s sound for a long time and it hurts me. It’s been seven long years and we haven’t met with each other. In between we just shared few text messages and that’s all. It seems as if we have become enemies now,” Kambli said.
However, Kambli said that he felt bad and became emotional when he saw Sachin crying during his farewell ceremony on November 16. “My eyes also welled up with tears when I saw my friend crying at Wankhede, during his last match.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?