Former OZ captain Allan Border advices team to gear up for World Cup
Washington: Allan Border has advised the Australian team to be prepared for playing the World Cup on home soil next year.
Allan recalled the 1992 World Cup hosted by Australia and New Zealand, where the Australian team, then captained by him, was shattered after it failed to make it to the semi finals.
Allan said that the team was probably one of the favoured sides but they couldn`t get anything going until right at the end, and missed out on the finals by percentage.
According to News.com.au, Australia is set to play 10 one-day games next season leading into the event around Test series against Pakistan in the UAE during October, and India in Australia and a triangular series against India and England leads straight into Australia`s opening World Cup match against England at the MCG on February 14 next year.
Allan said that this time the team will be targeting the World Cup a lot better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof