Former OZ captain Allan Border advices team to gear up for World Cup
Washington: Allan Border has advised the Australian team to be prepared for playing the World Cup on home soil next year.
Allan recalled the 1992 World Cup hosted by Australia and New Zealand, where the Australian team, then captained by him, was shattered after it failed to make it to the semi finals.
Allan said that the team was probably one of the favoured sides but they couldn`t get anything going until right at the end, and missed out on the finals by percentage.
According to News.com.au, Australia is set to play 10 one-day games next season leading into the event around Test series against Pakistan in the UAE during October, and India in Australia and a triangular series against India and England leads straight into Australia`s opening World Cup match against England at the MCG on February 14 next year.
Allan said that this time the team will be targeting the World Cup a lot better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mamata announces grant to state government employees
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead