Former OZ captain Allan Border advices team to gear up for World Cup
Washington: Allan Border has advised the Australian team to be prepared for playing the World Cup on home soil next year.
Allan recalled the 1992 World Cup hosted by Australia and New Zealand, where the Australian team, then captained by him, was shattered after it failed to make it to the semi finals.
Allan said that the team was probably one of the favoured sides but they couldn`t get anything going until right at the end, and missed out on the finals by percentage.
According to News.com.au, Australia is set to play 10 one-day games next season leading into the event around Test series against Pakistan in the UAE during October, and India in Australia and a triangular series against India and England leads straight into Australia`s opening World Cup match against England at the MCG on February 14 next year.
Allan said that this time the team will be targeting the World Cup a lot better.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'