Former Pak bowler Aqib Javed unfazed by Pak`s practice match loss to England
Islamabad: Former Pakistan bowler and bowling coach Aqib Javed has said losing a practice match to England before kick starting their Twenty20 World Cup campaign is of little importance and the team could take lots of positives from the two practice matches.
"There’s nothing to worry about as these fixtures aren’t serious. The positive thing is that the team showed its strength against India. The bowling against England was also impressive,`` the Express Tribune quoted Javed, as saying.
However, Javed was of the view that captain Mohammad Hafeez, who bowls off spin, should open the bowling attack.
"Hafeez must be brave and bowl with the new ball. Pakistan will play most of their matches in Pallekelle which has lively pitches. Hafeez must open the attack otherwise the team could face trouble," Javed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...