Former Pak bowler Aqib Javed unfazed by Pak`s practice match loss to England
Islamabad: Former Pakistan bowler and bowling coach Aqib Javed has said losing a practice match to England before kick starting their Twenty20 World Cup campaign is of little importance and the team could take lots of positives from the two practice matches.
"There’s nothing to worry about as these fixtures aren’t serious. The positive thing is that the team showed its strength against India. The bowling against England was also impressive,`` the Express Tribune quoted Javed, as saying.
However, Javed was of the view that captain Mohammad Hafeez, who bowls off spin, should open the bowling attack.
"Hafeez must be brave and bowl with the new ball. Pakistan will play most of their matches in Pallekelle which has lively pitches. Hafeez must open the attack otherwise the team could face trouble," Javed said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog