Former PCB chief Ijaz Butt says Lorgat `right man` to assist PPL
Karachi: Former Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Ijaz Butt, who once considered Haroon Lorgat as the `enemy of Pakistan`s cricket`, has declared him `the right man` to help with the organising of the Pakistan Premier League (PPL).
The PCB is reportedly considering giving an important role to Lorgat, the former International Cricket Council (ICC) CEO, with reports suggesting that the South African could be hired as a consultant for the proposed league. ‘’What happened is in the past. Lorgat is a gentleman and I have good relations with him. This event holds a lot of significance for cricket in Pakistan and Lorgat can play a useful role in making it a success," The Express Tribune quoted Butt, as saying.
"He has expertise in handling administrative affairs. Add to this his relations with others boards which could also be beneficial. It`s a wise step by the PCB to invite him. If the board succeeds in roping him in a major role, it would be a big boost for the PPL," he added. The PCB is planning on holding the inaugural league in March next year following the tour of South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble