Former PCB chief Ijaz Butt says Lorgat `right man` to assist PPL
Karachi: Former Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chief Ijaz Butt, who once considered Haroon Lorgat as the `enemy of Pakistan`s cricket`, has declared him `the right man` to help with the organising of the Pakistan Premier League (PPL).
The PCB is reportedly considering giving an important role to Lorgat, the former International Cricket Council (ICC) CEO, with reports suggesting that the South African could be hired as a consultant for the proposed league. ‘’What happened is in the past. Lorgat is a gentleman and I have good relations with him. This event holds a lot of significance for cricket in Pakistan and Lorgat can play a useful role in making it a success," The Express Tribune quoted Butt, as saying.
"He has expertise in handling administrative affairs. Add to this his relations with others boards which could also be beneficial. It`s a wise step by the PCB to invite him. If the board succeeds in roping him in a major role, it would be a big boost for the PPL," he added. The PCB is planning on holding the inaugural league in March next year following the tour of South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah