Former Ranji player passes away
Kochi: Former Kerala Ranji Trophy player T A Mohammed Ibrahim alias Unny, passed away at Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, the Kerala Cricket Association said.
He was 61 and was ailing for some time.
A left-arm fast bowler who could bat, Ibrahim made his debut in the Kerala team in 1967-68 against Hyderabad and went on to play 38 matches, scoring 736 runs and taking 81 wickets.
He last represented Kerala in a Ranji Trophy match in 1980-81 against Karnataka.
He was on the BCCI`s match referee panel in 2003.
KCA secretary T C Mathew condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed