Former Ranji player passes away
Kochi: Former Kerala Ranji Trophy player T A Mohammed Ibrahim alias Unny, passed away at Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, the Kerala Cricket Association said.
He was 61 and was ailing for some time.
A left-arm fast bowler who could bat, Ibrahim made his debut in the Kerala team in 1967-68 against Hyderabad and went on to play 38 matches, scoring 736 runs and taking 81 wickets.
He last represented Kerala in a Ranji Trophy match in 1980-81 against Karnataka.
He was on the BCCI`s match referee panel in 2003.
KCA secretary T C Mathew condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka