Former Ranji player passes away
Kochi: Former Kerala Ranji Trophy player T A Mohammed Ibrahim alias Unny, passed away at Thiruvananthapuram on Thursday, the Kerala Cricket Association said.
He was 61 and was ailing for some time.
A left-arm fast bowler who could bat, Ibrahim made his debut in the Kerala team in 1967-68 against Hyderabad and went on to play 38 matches, scoring 736 runs and taking 81 wickets.
He last represented Kerala in a Ranji Trophy match in 1980-81 against Karnataka.
He was on the BCCI`s match referee panel in 2003.
KCA secretary T C Mathew condoled the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened