Former Windies cricketer on run spree in American league
Brooklyn: Former West Indies wicketkeeper Junior Murray has been a prolific scorer in the American Cricket League currently underway.
Murray, playing for the Ardsley Cricket Club, slammed 137 not out in his side’s 250 off 40 overs against Melbourne New York Alliance Cricket Club at Baisley Pond Park in Queens, New York. In reply, Melbourne only reached 225.
Murray also featured in Ardsley’s eight-wicket win over Somerset at Canarsie Park at 88th Street here.
The former Grenada and Windward Islands player made an unbeaten 91 in his side’s 163 for two, replying to Somerset’s 162.
On Sunday, Murray will line-up again for Ardsley CC in a knock-out fixture against Challengers at Seaview and 108th Street in Brooklyn, New York.
Also playing for Ardsley CC is former Grenada and Windward Islands player Kester Sylvester.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders
- Watch: Dwayne DJ Bravo gives rib-tickling sneak-peek into upcoming episode of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'!
- Sting row: Harish Rawat asked to appear before CBI on May 24