Former Windies cricketer on run spree in American league
Brooklyn: Former West Indies wicketkeeper Junior Murray has been a prolific scorer in the American Cricket League currently underway.
Murray, playing for the Ardsley Cricket Club, slammed 137 not out in his side’s 250 off 40 overs against Melbourne New York Alliance Cricket Club at Baisley Pond Park in Queens, New York. In reply, Melbourne only reached 225.
Murray also featured in Ardsley’s eight-wicket win over Somerset at Canarsie Park at 88th Street here.
The former Grenada and Windward Islands player made an unbeaten 91 in his side’s 163 for two, replying to Somerset’s 162.
On Sunday, Murray will line-up again for Ardsley CC in a knock-out fixture against Challengers at Seaview and 108th Street in Brooklyn, New York.
Also playing for Ardsley CC is former Grenada and Windward Islands player Kester Sylvester.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- LIVE: This is the first Prime Minister-like action by Narendra Modi, says Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’