Former Windies cricketer on run spree in American league
Brooklyn: Former West Indies wicketkeeper Junior Murray has been a prolific scorer in the American Cricket League currently underway.
Murray, playing for the Ardsley Cricket Club, slammed 137 not out in his side’s 250 off 40 overs against Melbourne New York Alliance Cricket Club at Baisley Pond Park in Queens, New York. In reply, Melbourne only reached 225.
Murray also featured in Ardsley’s eight-wicket win over Somerset at Canarsie Park at 88th Street here.
The former Grenada and Windward Islands player made an unbeaten 91 in his side’s 163 for two, replying to Somerset’s 162.
On Sunday, Murray will line-up again for Ardsley CC in a knock-out fixture against Challengers at Seaview and 108th Street in Brooklyn, New York.
Also playing for Ardsley CC is former Grenada and Windward Islands player Kester Sylvester.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him