Forrest’s maiden ODI ton could seal him spot for Windies tour
Sydney: Peter Forrest, who notched up his first century in the fifty over format for Australia against Sri Lanka on Friday is in the frame to be selected in the Oz squad for the West Indies tour.
Forrest has seemed to adapt really well at the number three position, which was left vacant after Ricky Ponting’s axing, as he scored a brilliant 104 of 138 balls against Sri Lanka on Friday.
The Australian selectors had Forrest in mind for a spare batsman’s spot for the West Indies tour, but his brilliant start means he could now challenge the incumbent Test batsmen, not least 37-year-old Ponting, for a place in the team.
Forrest’s four games have produced scores of 66, 16, 52 and 104, which is the best start from an Australian one-day batsman in as many matches. It was also the first time an Australian had reached three figures in the series, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Forrest combined with captain Michael Clarke for a partnership of 154 and lifted the team to a total of 6-280 from 50 overs after a bad start.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!