Forrest’s maiden ODI ton could seal him spot for Windies tour
Sydney: Peter Forrest, who notched up his first century in the fifty over format for Australia against Sri Lanka on Friday is in the frame to be selected in the Oz squad for the West Indies tour.
Forrest has seemed to adapt really well at the number three position, which was left vacant after Ricky Ponting’s axing, as he scored a brilliant 104 of 138 balls against Sri Lanka on Friday.
The Australian selectors had Forrest in mind for a spare batsman’s spot for the West Indies tour, but his brilliant start means he could now challenge the incumbent Test batsmen, not least 37-year-old Ponting, for a place in the team.
Forrest’s four games have produced scores of 66, 16, 52 and 104, which is the best start from an Australian one-day batsman in as many matches. It was also the first time an Australian had reached three figures in the series, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Forrest combined with captain Michael Clarke for a partnership of 154 and lifted the team to a total of 6-280 from 50 overs after a bad start.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest