Four England rookies in 30-man Champions Trophy squad
London: England have named four uncapped players in their provisional 30-man Champions Trophy squad.
Gary Ballance, Varun Chopra, Chris Wright and James Harris are added to a list of names that will be reduced to 15 on May 5. In his first assignment in England, ODIs coach Ashley Giles is unlikely to make any major changes to a side that has not lost a home series since 2009.
He has high hopes for the tournament that starts on June 6, after playing in the final defeat in 2004. Giles said the chance to win a 50-over competition in England is huge. He said they have an opportunity this year, but a lot of things need to go well before that.
Any time a bowler breaks the stumps during their delivery it will be called a no-ball from April 30. The law doesn`t officially come into effect until October 1, and it won`t be a part of the domestic game until then, but in international cricket it is a new playing condition for the summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday