Four England rookies in 30-man Champions Trophy squad
London: England have named four uncapped players in their provisional 30-man Champions Trophy squad.
Gary Ballance, Varun Chopra, Chris Wright and James Harris are added to a list of names that will be reduced to 15 on May 5. In his first assignment in England, ODIs coach Ashley Giles is unlikely to make any major changes to a side that has not lost a home series since 2009.
He has high hopes for the tournament that starts on June 6, after playing in the final defeat in 2004. Giles said the chance to win a 50-over competition in England is huge. He said they have an opportunity this year, but a lot of things need to go well before that.
Any time a bowler breaks the stumps during their delivery it will be called a no-ball from April 30. The law doesn`t officially come into effect until October 1, and it won`t be a part of the domestic game until then, but in international cricket it is a new playing condition for the summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'