Four England rookies in 30-man Champions Trophy squad
London: England have named four uncapped players in their provisional 30-man Champions Trophy squad.
Gary Ballance, Varun Chopra, Chris Wright and James Harris are added to a list of names that will be reduced to 15 on May 5. In his first assignment in England, ODIs coach Ashley Giles is unlikely to make any major changes to a side that has not lost a home series since 2009.
He has high hopes for the tournament that starts on June 6, after playing in the final defeat in 2004. Giles said the chance to win a 50-over competition in England is huge. He said they have an opportunity this year, but a lot of things need to go well before that.
Any time a bowler breaks the stumps during their delivery it will be called a no-ball from April 30. The law doesn`t officially come into effect until October 1, and it won`t be a part of the domestic game until then, but in international cricket it is a new playing condition for the summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 2: GL vs SRH – 5 facts you must know ahead of virtual semi-final
- China to send lunar probe 'Chang'e 5' on moon!
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 30. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- Barack Obama arrives at Hiroshima atomic bomb park
- Boat sinks in Ganga, eight feared drowned in Katihar