Four England rookies in 30-man Champions Trophy squad
London: England have named four uncapped players in their provisional 30-man Champions Trophy squad.
Gary Ballance, Varun Chopra, Chris Wright and James Harris are added to a list of names that will be reduced to 15 on May 5. In his first assignment in England, ODIs coach Ashley Giles is unlikely to make any major changes to a side that has not lost a home series since 2009.
He has high hopes for the tournament that starts on June 6, after playing in the final defeat in 2004. Giles said the chance to win a 50-over competition in England is huge. He said they have an opportunity this year, but a lot of things need to go well before that.
Any time a bowler breaks the stumps during their delivery it will be called a no-ball from April 30. The law doesn`t officially come into effect until October 1, and it won`t be a part of the domestic game until then, but in international cricket it is a new playing condition for the summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand