‘Fragile’ Watson again sidelined by injury
Sydney: Australia vice captain Shane Watson has endured yet another injury set back after suffering a calf strain during their innings and 201 runs win against Sri Lanka at the MCG, and the all rounder is expected to be ruled out of the Sydney Test.
According to News.com.au, the injury-plagued Watson suffered the latest injury while bowling in Australia’s first innings on Boxing Day, but batted with the problem today, making 83, which is his highest score in more than a year.
Watson’s likely replacement in Sydney would be Usman Khawaja, who was on standby for Michael Clarke in Melbourne when the captain suffered a hamstring strain and was forced to retire hurt in Hobart, the paper added.
Rob Quiney replaced Watson for the first two Tests against South Africa at No.3 when a calf strain also kept him out of the team, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan