‘Fragile’ Watson again sidelined by injury
Sydney: Australia vice captain Shane Watson has endured yet another injury set back after suffering a calf strain during their innings and 201 runs win against Sri Lanka at the MCG, and the all rounder is expected to be ruled out of the Sydney Test.
According to News.com.au, the injury-plagued Watson suffered the latest injury while bowling in Australia’s first innings on Boxing Day, but batted with the problem today, making 83, which is his highest score in more than a year.
Watson’s likely replacement in Sydney would be Usman Khawaja, who was on standby for Michael Clarke in Melbourne when the captain suffered a hamstring strain and was forced to retire hurt in Hobart, the paper added.
Rob Quiney replaced Watson for the first two Tests against South Africa at No.3 when a calf strain also kept him out of the team, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet