Future of Indian cricket bleak: Warner
Perth: After brutalizing India with the fastest century by an opener in the third cricket Test, Australian batsman David Warner said that the visiting team`s future is bleak as their youngsters are a long way to learn how to cope with fast and bouncy tracks.
Warner harped on the vulnerability of the youngsters in the visiting team on fast and bouncy tracks and wondered where Indian cricket would go once the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid retire.
"The challenge for India has always been how they perform outside. Everyone talks about bouncy pitches and how they approach it. When Tendulkar and Dravid and those boys retire in a couple of years, where is Indian cricket going to be. Are the youngsters coming through? They have to find way, come here and work hard and do well on green wickets," he said at the post-match press conference after first day`s play.
He said the third Test was all but over for India after the visiting team was bowled out for 161 before Australia replied with 149 for no loss on the first day at the WACA.
"They are bowled over already. We try to bowl on 5th-6th stump and they don`t like leaving ball, they like hitting as many balls as possible so they are fishing and nicking it and that`s what we have been doing," said Warner, who hit his ton in 69 balls and was batting on 104.
"I don`t know whether it`s going to be 4-0 or 3-0- for the moment we want to get this Test of the way," he said.
There was a bit of verbal exchange between Warner and Virat Kohli and Ishant Sharma towards the end of the day, and asked about it, he said, "Virat and Ishant said that once I come to India my averages is going to fall and it would be a different story. But I said it`s probably going to be 10 extra for wickets here are livelier while in India it`s flat.”
"It`s not easy for us as well to do well in WACA. We get one game in a year or two, we don`t know the bounce. I was telling that I have batted twice here and not got many runs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested