Galle Test: Sangakkara’s ton takes Lanka to 472, Pak reeling at 45/5
Zeeenews Sports Bureau
Galle: It was a good day for the bowlers as 13 wickets fell on the second day of the first Test being played between Sri Lanka and Pakistan. Pakistan were once again in huge trouble as they lost 5 wickets for just 48 runs in reply to Sri Lanka’s 472.
Resuming the innings on day 2, Sri Lanka posted a formidable first innings total of 472 runs. Kumar Sangakkara was unfortunate to remain unbeaten on 199 runs as the Sri Lankan innings witnessed a sudden collapse.
Saeed Ajmal who picked two wickets on day one went on to scalp three more. Saeed Ajmal took two more wickets in the morning session on Day 2 to claim a superb five-for. His supreme show with the ball derailed Sri Lankan middle-order and dashed the Lankan hopes of posting a huge total on the board.
In reply, Pakistan was sent on the backseat after Nuwan Kulasekara picked up two wickets in two balls that of Taufiq Umar (9) and Azhar Ali (0). Later on Suraj Randiv also dismissed Mohammad Hafeez and Saeed Ajmal off consecutive deliveries.
Saeed Ajmal was sent as a nightwatchman but he was dismissed for a first-ball duck by Randiv.
Earlier in the day, Sangakkara became only the second player in Test history to be stranded at the score of199.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad