Gambhir, Parveen miss optional net practice
Mohali: Just a win away from pocketing the five-match ODI series against England, a confident Indian team on Wednesday underwent a rigorous training session sans Gautam Gambhir and Praveen Kumar at the PCA stadium.
The Indian team, led by captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni, trooped in at the stadium to use the nets first but in-form left-handed batsman Gambhir and pacer Praveen were conspicuous by their absence.
An official from the Indian team said that the practice session was not an official one and so both Gambhir and Praveen preferred not to take to part in it.
However, sources said that Gambhir had returned to Chandigarh this afternoon only from his home city New Delhi where he had gone for his marriage-related work.
Led by Dhoni, the home batsmen faced local bowlers and team-mates at the nets before going through fielding drills besides some stretching exercises.
The mood of the Indian players were certainly upbeat after back-to-back victories in the first two ODIs with Dhoni obliging a handful of autograph seekers.
After the Indian team`s net practice, England players arrived in groups separately at the stadium and went through a rigorous net session.
Meanwhile, the PCA stadium wore a fortified look with the presence of a large number of security personnel.
Mohali SSP G P S Bhullar has been attending to minute details of the security aspect of the stadium.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic