Game is poorer by inclusion of DRS: Adam Gilchrist
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Adam Gilchrist, former Australian wicketkeeper and batsman, is critical of the Decision Review System (DRS) and has expressed his dissatisfaction over the same.
"The Trent Bridge Test focused the light clearly on the Decision Review System, and overall I think the game is poorer for its inclusion. The spontaneity and drama, the magic and intrigue that Test cricket always possessed has been lost,” Gilchrist told a website.
The first Ashes Test held in Trent Bridge, won by England, concluded with a debate over the controversial DRS hogging the limelight.
He further said that he now understands India’s opposition to the system stating that DRS has become a problem in itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional