Game is poorer by inclusion of DRS: Adam Gilchrist
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Adam Gilchrist, former Australian wicketkeeper and batsman, is critical of the Decision Review System (DRS) and has expressed his dissatisfaction over the same.
"The Trent Bridge Test focused the light clearly on the Decision Review System, and overall I think the game is poorer for its inclusion. The spontaneity and drama, the magic and intrigue that Test cricket always possessed has been lost,” Gilchrist told a website.
The first Ashes Test held in Trent Bridge, won by England, concluded with a debate over the controversial DRS hogging the limelight.
He further said that he now understands India’s opposition to the system stating that DRS has become a problem in itself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two more days to put out forest fire in Uttarakhand, says Prakash Javadekar
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared today on May 3 at 12 noon
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12 on May ) Result 2016 to be declared today 3 at 12 noon
- VVIP chopper cam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi reaches CBI office for questioning
- Barack Obama has wish about Osama bin Laden`s last moments