Ganga defends decision to bowl Rampaul in Super Over
Chennai: Trinidad & Tobago captain Darren Ganga defended his decision to use Ravi Rampaul in the Super Over in their Champions League T20 clash against New South Wales Blues here, saying the later has been their best bowler at the death overs.
Rampaul, who gave away 16 runs in the 20th over that allowed NSW to level the scores, conceded another 18 in the Super Over, which the T&T failed to overhaul.
"Ravi is the most experienced bowler, he`s been our best bowler so far in this tournament, the most in-form. Every time he`s bowled at the death for us, he`s done the job for us. We`ve trained and drilled ourselves in a certain way, to finish off the innings in a certain manner. If we give Ravi 15 or 16 runs to defend, he`ll do that on any given day," Ganga said after the defeat.
Rampaul persisted with bowling around the wicket despite going for runs in the 20th over, but his captain defended the move.
"We`ve tried it time and time again, to bowl around the wicket to most of the batsmen, angling the ball across, the field positions... more often than not we get out of jail. (But) Ravi was a little bit tired, probably having bowled two overs back to back and then with that intensity coming back to bowl the Super Over.”
"In hindsight you can say a lot of things, but he`s our most experienced bowler," he said.
Ganga said he would`ve preferred to go with a right-left combination in the Super Over but the team had to name prior to the match its three preferred batsmen for such a scenario.
"We were under the impression that we had the option of using any (of the) three to open, but that`s something we learned about just prior to start of the game.”
"(As if) the Gods are against us. We`ve had two very close games, it just shows how competitive we are. It`s a pity we haven`t crossed the line and secure a win. We still hold our belief. This group is still open and We`ll be coming very, very hard in that game against CSK. “
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo