Ganguly laughs off Afridi`s remark on Sachin
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly on Saturday laughed off Shahid Afridi`s remarks that Sachin Tendulkar was uncomfortable against Shoaib Akhtar`s pace, a claim which the Pakistani speedster had made in his autobiography `Controversially Yours`.
"Afridi is out of his mind," Ganguly quipped, reacting to the former Pakistani skipper`s claim that he has seen Tendulkar "tremble" while facing Shoaib.
Ganguly is not surprised at off-spinner Harbhajan Singh`s omission from the upcoming first two ODIs against England.
He is confident that the off-spinner`s return for India`s year-end tour of Australia for a four-Test series.
"He might have been dropped for loss of form. But I am confident that India cannot do without him in the Australia series."
The star off-spinner had a disappointing first Test against England and a stomach injury in the second Test ruled him out of the remainder of the series.
Ganguly also ruled out the possibility of him being the captain of Pune Warriors in next year`s Indian Premier League T20 tournament.
"My role will be that of a mentor-cum-player," Ganguly said about Pune Warriors who will not get the services of former coach Geoff Marsh. The former Aussie batsman has been appointed Sri Lankan head coach.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'