Gary Kirsten wants seamer-friendly track
Centurion: South Africa cricket coach Gary Kirsten has requested the curator for a less turning track when they take on Pakistan in the third and final Test here at the SuperSport Park here Friday.
The Newlands wicket in the second Test in Cape Town provided assistance for spinners. Pakistani offie Saeed Ajmal claimed match figures of 10/147, though in a losing cause.
"It was a tough Test. The conditions suited (Pakistan) a lot more. They looked at home. It was like the subcontinent (but) we have to play on what we`re given. (We prefer) pitches with pace and bounce," said South Africa skipper Graeme Smith, after his side wrapped up the series with a four-wicket win in Cape Town.
Kirsten was quoted by website sport24 Tuesday said they want a seamer-friendly wicket this time around.
The Proteas boast a good record at Centurion. Of the 17 Tests played there since 1995, they have won 13 and lost only once. Also, four of the last five Tests won by South Africa at the ground were by an innings margin.
The last Test Pakistan played here was in 2007 when South Africa won by seven wickets.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler