Gary`s style will help South Africa to perform: Amla
Johannesburg: South African captain Hashim Amla termed it as "unfortunate" that most of their players are busy in the Champions League but expressed confidence that new coach Gary Kirsten`s non-imposing style will help the team to perform well against Australia next month.
Thirteen South African players are currently playing in the Champions League in India and they will get very little time to prepare for their series against Australia which starts with a twenty20 international on October 13, just four days after the 10-team event gets over.
"It`s unfortunate and it`s certainly not ideal. But it doesn`t seem that there is any way around the problem," Amla told the daily.
"I feel that we are professional enough to know what we need to do. It`s a matter of connecting again? with your teammates, with the environment. That`s going to be a challenge for us, but we will try our best," he said.
Amla feels Kirsten`s working style will help the team to perform against Australia.
"From my experience with Gary so far, his style is not to impose," Amla said. "It`s more to let players grow. That might work well, especially with a lack of preparation. "We will just have to assemble as quickly as possible, get into line and do the job," he added.
Amla said the players were all involved in rigorous conditioning programmes as they enjoyed their longest break in the off-season in several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur