Gautam Gambhir fails again, falls for duck against Gloucestershire
Bristol: India discard Gautam Gambhir`s woeful county stint continued after he failed for the fourth time while turning up for Essex, this time in a first-class match against Gloucestershire here on Wednesday.
Gambhir`s sequence of scores in the four matches for Essex (two first-class and two List A) read a horrible 31, 21, 2 and 0. He has not even come close to scoring a 50 for his county side who replaced him in place of Hamish Rutherford.
Gambhir, who is struggling against the seamers was out without scoring after facing eight deliveries as right-arm seamer William Gidman castled him in the fifth over of the day.
The Delhi left-hander`s technique against moving deliveries outside the sub-continent has always been under scanner, save a couple of knocks in New Zealand back in 2009.
While he has generally struggled against genuine pace throughout his international career, it is the county seamers who are posing lot of problems for the out-of-favour opener who was played on desperate to score his first runs of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan