Gautam Gambhir fails again, falls for duck against Gloucestershire
Bristol: India discard Gautam Gambhir`s woeful county stint continued after he failed for the fourth time while turning up for Essex, this time in a first-class match against Gloucestershire here on Wednesday.
Gambhir`s sequence of scores in the four matches for Essex (two first-class and two List A) read a horrible 31, 21, 2 and 0. He has not even come close to scoring a 50 for his county side who replaced him in place of Hamish Rutherford.
Gambhir, who is struggling against the seamers was out without scoring after facing eight deliveries as right-arm seamer William Gidman castled him in the fifth over of the day.
The Delhi left-hander`s technique against moving deliveries outside the sub-continent has always been under scanner, save a couple of knocks in New Zealand back in 2009.
While he has generally struggled against genuine pace throughout his international career, it is the county seamers who are posing lot of problems for the out-of-favour opener who was played on desperate to score his first runs of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video