Gautam Gambhir fails again, falls for duck against Gloucestershire
Bristol: India discard Gautam Gambhir`s woeful county stint continued after he failed for the fourth time while turning up for Essex, this time in a first-class match against Gloucestershire here on Wednesday.
Gambhir`s sequence of scores in the four matches for Essex (two first-class and two List A) read a horrible 31, 21, 2 and 0. He has not even come close to scoring a 50 for his county side who replaced him in place of Hamish Rutherford.
Gambhir, who is struggling against the seamers was out without scoring after facing eight deliveries as right-arm seamer William Gidman castled him in the fifth over of the day.
The Delhi left-hander`s technique against moving deliveries outside the sub-continent has always been under scanner, save a couple of knocks in New Zealand back in 2009.
While he has generally struggled against genuine pace throughout his international career, it is the county seamers who are posing lot of problems for the out-of-favour opener who was played on desperate to score his first runs of the match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- 5 homemade fruit packs that’ll make you glow instantly