Gautam Gambhir finds form, slams century against Gloucestershire
Bristol: Out-of-favour opener Gautam Gambhir roared back to form with a fine century for Essex against Gloucestershire in a Division II County Championship match here on Friday.
After four successive failures at the start including a duck in the first innings of this match, the Delhi left-hander showed glimpses of his old self with a delightful knock at the County Ground, here today.
This is Gambhir`s first century in county cricket and 34th first-class century of his career.
Rssex were 191 for no loss in their second innings at tea with Gambhir batting on an even 100 off 144 balls with 11 boundaries and a big six. He reached his century off 141 balls. The 100th run came with a push off left-arm seamer David Payne.
Gambhir reached 90`s with a four and a big six off medium pacer Benny Howell. Gambhir`s footwork was assured from the start and he played both new ball bowlers Payne and Will Gidman with ease.
Gambhir was prepared to wait for the loose balls but also didn`t lose out on opportunities to take a lot of singles to keep up the run-rate as Essex will be aiming for an outright win.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II