Gautam Gambhir rejoins Essex, scores patient 32
Canterbury: Rejoining his county duty after a brief hiatus, out-of-favour India opener Gautam Gambhir today made a patient 36 during his side Essex`s County Championship Division Two four-day match against Kent here.
Opening the batting, Gambhir played cautiously and faced 132 deliveries, hitting two boundaries at the St Lawrence Ground.
Gambhir was dismissed by right-arm pacer Charlie Shreck in the 42nd over of the day, caught by Brendan Nash.
Gambhir`s stint with Essex started only last month but he failed to make much impact with scores of 31, 21, 2 and 0 before striking a hundred on August 30 against Gloucestershire in a drawn match in Bristol.
The left-handed opener, however, had to return home on September 1 because of a tragedy in the family.
Determined to make a comeback in the Indian team, Gambhir opted to travel to England to regain his lost form.
Gambhir has not played for India since the home ODI series against England in January. He was later ruled out of the subsequent Test series against Australia due to jaundice after being picked for the first Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal