Gautam Gambhir ruled out of ODIs
Manchester: An injury-plagued Indian cricket team was dealt another blow today as Gautam Gambhir has been ruled out of the remainder of the England tour after he failed to recover from concussion.
According to team manager Shivlal Yadav, Gambhir went to an eye specialist today and "it seems he continues to suffer from concussion".
The left-handed opener sustained a blow to his head while attempting a Kevin Pietersen catch on the third day of the fourth and final Test at the Oval.
His condition deteriorated further after he was hit on the helmet by Stuart Broad's bouncer on the final day of the Oval Test.
For the last few days, despite speculations that Gambhir would be returning home, he continued to travel with the Indian squad for the three practice matches.
He, however, did not play in any of the three wins the visitors registered, and had also complained of failing to sight the ball ahead of the T20 practice game against Leicester on Monday.
According to Yadav no replacement has been named yet and India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni would be consulting the BCCI top brass and the selectors on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?