Gautam Gambhir ruled out of ODIs
Manchester: An injury-plagued Indian cricket team was dealt another blow today as Gautam Gambhir has been ruled out of the remainder of the England tour after he failed to recover from concussion.
According to team manager Shivlal Yadav, Gambhir went to an eye specialist today and "it seems he continues to suffer from concussion".
The left-handed opener sustained a blow to his head while attempting a Kevin Pietersen catch on the third day of the fourth and final Test at the Oval.
His condition deteriorated further after he was hit on the helmet by Stuart Broad's bouncer on the final day of the Oval Test.
For the last few days, despite speculations that Gambhir would be returning home, he continued to travel with the Indian squad for the three practice matches.
He, however, did not play in any of the three wins the visitors registered, and had also complained of failing to sight the ball ahead of the T20 practice game against Leicester on Monday.
According to Yadav no replacement has been named yet and India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni would be consulting the BCCI top brass and the selectors on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa