Gautam Gambhir ruled out of ODIs
Manchester: An injury-plagued Indian cricket team was dealt another blow today as Gautam Gambhir has been ruled out of the remainder of the England tour after he failed to recover from concussion.
According to team manager Shivlal Yadav, Gambhir went to an eye specialist today and "it seems he continues to suffer from concussion".
The left-handed opener sustained a blow to his head while attempting a Kevin Pietersen catch on the third day of the fourth and final Test at the Oval.
His condition deteriorated further after he was hit on the helmet by Stuart Broad's bouncer on the final day of the Oval Test.
For the last few days, despite speculations that Gambhir would be returning home, he continued to travel with the Indian squad for the three practice matches.
He, however, did not play in any of the three wins the visitors registered, and had also complained of failing to sight the ball ahead of the T20 practice game against Leicester on Monday.
According to Yadav no replacement has been named yet and India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni would be consulting the BCCI top brass and the selectors on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part II
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part IV
- Panel discussion over Congress using affidavits to secure MLA's Part III
- Not hosting Modi government event: Amitabh Bachchan
- Mercedes insist all cool after Spanish storm; Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg clear the air
- Foxconn factory goes 'techno'; replaces workers with 60,000 robots!
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM