Gautam Gambhir ruled out of ODIs
Manchester: An injury-plagued Indian cricket team was dealt another blow today as Gautam Gambhir has been ruled out of the remainder of the England tour after he failed to recover from concussion.
According to team manager Shivlal Yadav, Gambhir went to an eye specialist today and "it seems he continues to suffer from concussion".
The left-handed opener sustained a blow to his head while attempting a Kevin Pietersen catch on the third day of the fourth and final Test at the Oval.
His condition deteriorated further after he was hit on the helmet by Stuart Broad's bouncer on the final day of the Oval Test.
For the last few days, despite speculations that Gambhir would be returning home, he continued to travel with the Indian squad for the three practice matches.
He, however, did not play in any of the three wins the visitors registered, and had also complained of failing to sight the ball ahead of the T20 practice game against Leicester on Monday.
According to Yadav no replacement has been named yet and India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni would be consulting the BCCI top brass and the selectors on the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister