Gautam Gambhir scores fifty against West Indies A
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Hubli: Discarded Indian opener Gautam Gambhir has struck a half-century against the West Indies A on day two of the third and final unofficial Test. In his confident knock he scored eight boundaries and is looking rock-solid at the moment. He is currently playing on 60 and played 107 balls so far.
Once known to be the most consistent opener in all formats of the game for the national team, Gambhir is struggling to find a place in the team. Out of favour Delhi opener was shown the doors by the selectors after a poor patch in his form.
To get back his lost form, the southpaw first joined the English County club Sussex. But apart from his sole 106 run-knock against Gloucs, he failed to impress with the willow and not even managed to touch the mark of fifty runs.
Then he got another chance to impress the selectors by performing in the Challengers Trophy while representing Delhi. But this time, once again he missed the opportunity as he only managed to score 20 and 4 against India Red and India Blue respectively.
Gambhir last played for Team India on January 27th this year against England at Dharmashala in an ODI. And since then he has been among the list of out of favour senior players – Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh – who are trying hard to get into the main fold. Hopefully his solid fifty runs knock will give him the confidence he needs to get his lost form back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'