Gautam Gambhir scores fifty against West Indies A
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Hubli: Discarded Indian opener Gautam Gambhir has struck a half-century against the West Indies A on day two of the third and final unofficial Test. In his confident knock he scored eight boundaries and is looking rock-solid at the moment. He is currently playing on 60 and played 107 balls so far.
Once known to be the most consistent opener in all formats of the game for the national team, Gambhir is struggling to find a place in the team. Out of favour Delhi opener was shown the doors by the selectors after a poor patch in his form.
To get back his lost form, the southpaw first joined the English County club Sussex. But apart from his sole 106 run-knock against Gloucs, he failed to impress with the willow and not even managed to touch the mark of fifty runs.
Then he got another chance to impress the selectors by performing in the Challengers Trophy while representing Delhi. But this time, once again he missed the opportunity as he only managed to score 20 and 4 against India Red and India Blue respectively.
Gambhir last played for Team India on January 27th this year against England at Dharmashala in an ODI. And since then he has been among the list of out of favour senior players – Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh – who are trying hard to get into the main fold. Hopefully his solid fifty runs knock will give him the confidence he needs to get his lost form back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster