Gautam Gambhir scores fifty against West Indies A
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Hubli: Discarded Indian opener Gautam Gambhir has struck a half-century against the West Indies A on day two of the third and final unofficial Test. In his confident knock he scored eight boundaries and is looking rock-solid at the moment. He is currently playing on 60 and played 107 balls so far.
Once known to be the most consistent opener in all formats of the game for the national team, Gambhir is struggling to find a place in the team. Out of favour Delhi opener was shown the doors by the selectors after a poor patch in his form.
To get back his lost form, the southpaw first joined the English County club Sussex. But apart from his sole 106 run-knock against Gloucs, he failed to impress with the willow and not even managed to touch the mark of fifty runs.
Then he got another chance to impress the selectors by performing in the Challengers Trophy while representing Delhi. But this time, once again he missed the opportunity as he only managed to score 20 and 4 against India Red and India Blue respectively.
Gambhir last played for Team India on January 27th this year against England at Dharmashala in an ODI. And since then he has been among the list of out of favour senior players – Zaheer Khan, Virender Sehwag and Harbhajan Singh – who are trying hard to get into the main fold. Hopefully his solid fifty runs knock will give him the confidence he needs to get his lost form back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll