Gautam Gambhir still struggling to find his form back
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Once the biggest contender to lead the Indian team, Gautam Gambhir, is now struggling to make comeback in the national team.
After serving India for a long time as an opener alongside Virender Sehwag, he was shown the doors by the selectors after a bad patch.
The out of favour player joined the County Club Essex to get his form back before the start of Indian domestic season.
But so far the four matches that he has played for the Club have been more of a disappointment for the southpaw.
His highest score while playing for Essex is 31 runs that he made in the first innings. And in his last innings while playing against Gloucestershire he got out for a duck.
In his last four innings, he only managed to score 31, 21, 2 and 0, respectively, while representing the English club.
This 31-year-old opener is struggling against the seamers. If Gauti is eying for a comeback he certainly has to turn the tables around.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews