Gautam Gambhir still struggling to find his form back
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Once the biggest contender to lead the Indian team, Gautam Gambhir, is now struggling to make comeback in the national team.
After serving India for a long time as an opener alongside Virender Sehwag, he was shown the doors by the selectors after a bad patch.
The out of favour player joined the County Club Essex to get his form back before the start of Indian domestic season.
But so far the four matches that he has played for the Club have been more of a disappointment for the southpaw.
His highest score while playing for Essex is 31 runs that he made in the first innings. And in his last innings while playing against Gloucestershire he got out for a duck.
In his last four innings, he only managed to score 31, 21, 2 and 0, respectively, while representing the English club.
This 31-year-old opener is struggling against the seamers. If Gauti is eying for a comeback he certainly has to turn the tables around.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet