Gautam Gambhir still struggling to find his form back
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Once the biggest contender to lead the Indian team, Gautam Gambhir, is now struggling to make comeback in the national team.
After serving India for a long time as an opener alongside Virender Sehwag, he was shown the doors by the selectors after a bad patch.
The out of favour player joined the County Club Essex to get his form back before the start of Indian domestic season.
But so far the four matches that he has played for the Club have been more of a disappointment for the southpaw.
His highest score while playing for Essex is 31 runs that he made in the first innings. And in his last innings while playing against Gloucestershire he got out for a duck.
In his last four innings, he only managed to score 31, 21, 2 and 0, respectively, while representing the English club.
This 31-year-old opener is struggling against the seamers. If Gauti is eying for a comeback he certainly has to turn the tables around.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- REVEALED: Virat Kohli's special gift for Anushka Sharma on her 28th birthday!
- Soil from grave of World War-I hero, Risaldar Badlu Singh, brought to India by BJP minister
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016