Gautam, Munaf to play in PSPB cricket tourney from Mar 4
Indore: Struggling opener Gautam Gambhir will feature in the five-day Petroleum Sports Promotion Board (PSPB) Cricket tournament along with several other players including Munaf Patel, Amit Mishra, Rohit Sharma and Anjinkya Rahane, from March 4-8 here.
GAIL is hosting a 20-over tournament at Holkar Cricket Stadium and Dally College ground as per the BCCI rules, its GM-HR, Shibu Ganguly, told reporters today.
Seven teams of oil and gas companies including ONGC, IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, OIL, GAIL, and Engineers India Ltd would participate in the tournament, Ganguly said.
The tournament would be held on 16, league cum knock out basis and winners would be awarded with trophies, he said.
Besides cricket, GAIL was engaged in training of young players for Table Tennis at its Ajmer Academy by international coaches, he said.
GAIL was not only giving employment to young players but also providing them sponsorship for different sports, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon