Gayle, Best, Cotterrell in CPL’s most electrifying moments
Kingston: Fast bowlers Sheldon Cotterrell and Tino Best and opener Chris Gayle have been singled out for producing some of the most electrifying moments in the recent Caribbean Premier League (CPL).
Playing for the Antigua Hawksbills, Sheldon Cotterrell, who customarily bowls at over 140 km per hour bowled the fastest ball of the tournament with a 150.1 km per hour thunderbolt, reports CMC.
Tino Best, playing for the St. Lucia Zouks, bowled seven of the ten fastest balls in the tournament with a highest speed of 149.6 km per hour.
Jamaica Tallawahs captain, Chris Gayle, scored the fastest 50 of the tournament off just 23 balls against the Trinidad and Tobago Red Steel - and blasted the longest six which sailed 114 metres into the stands.
“Cricket in the Caribbean is all about big powerful displays. It’s always a pleasure to bring the fans to their feet with some serious hitting,” said Gayle.
“And to be able to do that with millions of people watching in the stands and on TV is just a great experience. I had a blast and can’t wait for next year”.
A total of 238 sixes and 415 fours were hit in the tournament - an average of 10 and 17 respectively per match.
The tournament was won by the Jamaica Tallawahs who beat the Guyana Amazon Warriors by seven wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray